It’s alarming to read recent research that shows our oceans will contain more plastic waste than fish by weight by the year 2050, but we can all do more to help protect our environment. Surf is championing the Cleaner Planet Plan, which will help improve sustainability and make cleaning products more environmentally friendly. Sounds interesting? Learn all the details of this plan, including how eco-friendly packaging and Surf concentrated liquid detergent can help save waste while still getting laundry super clean.
Why is recycling important?
Plastic pollution is a major social and environmental issue, and if we don’t start taking action it will affect our wellbeing in the future. Here are some of the major benefits of recycling:
- It reduces waste – waste that’s harmful to habitats and wildlife.
- It lessens the amount of greenhouse gases and chemicals being released into the atmosphere.
- It requires less energy and resources than making new products from raw materials – helping to preserve natural resources.
What can be recycled?
There are plenty of items you can recycle, including recyclable packaging materials. The list below identifies the most common items that can be used again:
- Plastic bottles and containers – when it comes to plastic recycling, you might be wondering: are detergent bottles recyclable? Surf’s certainly are!
- Copy/note/printer paper
- Glass jars and bottles
- Steel, tin, and aluminium cans
If you’re not sure whether something can be recycled, look for the recycling symbol for confirmation.
Surf and the Cleaner Planet Plan
At Surf, we’re committed to reducing the impact of laundry products on the environment, without reducing their ability to get laundry super clean and smelling amazing. Our innovative formulas are highly concentrated and beautifully fragranced products like Surf Tropical Lily & Ylang Ylang Liquid Detergent and Surf Golden Blossom Liquid Detergent will get your clothes sparkling clean and lead to less waste – saving you money while you do your bit saving the environment.
What you can do
In line with the Cleaner Planet Plan, we promise to continue to do our bit for the planet. With these tips, you can do your bit too:
- Recycle, recycle, recycle: cardboard, glass, paper and plastic packaging recycling – if it can be recycled, make sure it is!
- Switch to concentrated cleaners: if everyone did this, it would reduce the amount of CO2 released into the environment by the same amount as taking one million cars off the road.
- Use correct doses: our products come with scoops, caps and balls , so it’s easy to use the right amount – save waste, save money!
- Wash full loads: not only will that save water, but it will save you some cash, too.
- Ditch the stain removers: if everyone did this, over 20,000 tonnes of chemicals would be prevented from entering the environment each year.
If we all take small steps we can make giant leaps in protecting the environment and slowing down the alarming rate of plastic pollution in our oceans. Use the Cleaner Planet Plan as part of your greener lifestyle and we’ll all reap the benefits.
 2016: The New Plastics Economy